Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mike and Adrianne Come to Visit!

Going to BYU were easily some of the funnest years of my life. Having a roommate like Adrianne made that the case.  She was (and is) always so easy to talk to.  One summer found the two of us alone in an apartment for the summer, two of our roommates temporarily abandoning us.  We spent many, many hours talking, playing pranks on other apartments, and enjoying Provo summers (sigh).  Basically we did what normal college students did, BUT, we never argued!  We got along so well.  Adrianne was so wise and had a deep love for the gospel that I admired, and related with.  She met Mike near the end of our senior year and when I moved back to Vegas to work, she married him.  Consequently, Mike became one of my "roommates" too, for a while.  They were so kind to me, even though they were falling in love, it was never awkward to be around them, and Mike even gave me a blessing once after I passed out in the bathroom, due to a stomach bug.
In March they came to visit and when I got to see them, it was kind of like picking up where we had left off in conversation. They were just the same, if not more wise from some of life's more challenging trials falling to them.

I got to meet their boys and new baby daughter.  It was so fun!  Her boys are such boys, in all the best ways!  But, I noticed and commented to her, they got along so well with each other.  They also took Lincoln under their wing and included him in all their fun whenever we were with them.  That really impressed me because even though they were such good friends with each other, they were not exclusive of others at all!  Gwen and Ned had fun with them, too, of course, but Lincoln was just a little closer in age to them.  Gwen did think Eli was pretty funny, and commented to me on that several times. 
Redstone

Mandalay Bay Aquarium


While they were here, they came to our ward, we played at a couple parks, we went on a picnic to Redstone, they took Lincoln swimming at their condo, and we visited the Mandalay Bay Aquarium.  This was all during our spring break, making it feel like I was on vacation, too! 

No comments: